The Economist - 15 января 2022
Год выпуска: январь 2022
Автор: The Economist Newspaper and The Economist Group
Издательство: «The Economist Newspaper Ltd»
Формат: PDF (журнал на английском языке)
Количество страниц: 96
Beware the bossy state: Government, business and the new era of intervention
- State intervention in business is being transformed. That won’t make it any more effective: leader, page 9.
- After a long liberalising era, the state has bounced back. That is not a good thing, argues Jan Piotrowski in our special report, after page 44.
Boris Johnson, party animal
- With the prime minister clinging on, Britain is in for a rough ride: leader, page 10.
- A career of breaking rules, large and small, runs into crisis, page 21.
- The prime minister, in his own twisted way, is Britain’s most honest politician: Bagehot, page 28.
Kazakhstan's steppe in the dark
- Central Asia will remain unstable, however many troops Russia sends: leader, page 11, and briefing, page 17.
The dangers of Hindu chauvinism
- India’s ruling party is unleashing forces it will not be able to control: leader, page 12.
- arendra Modi’s government is ignoring, and encouraging, hatred of minorities, page 51.
Do tips make for better service?
- The evidence is mixed — and attitudes vary widely across the world, page 59.
скачать журнал: The Economist - 15 января 2022