The Economist - 4 июня 2022
Год выпуска: июнь 2022
Автор: The Economist Newspaper and The Economist Group
Издательство: «The Economist Newspaper Ltd»
Формат: PDF (журнал на английском языке)
Количество страниц: 78
A New Era: Why the war in Ukraine makes nuclear conflict more likely
- With his threats to use the bomb, Russia’s president has overturned the nuclear order: leader, page 9.
- The war in Ukraine is unlikely to go nuclear. But it is increasing the risk that some future conflict will: briefing, page 16.
- Ukrainian troops face encirclement as Russia advances, page 19.
- Iran’s defunct nuclear-containment pact has contaminated American politics: Lexington, page 36.
America’s next recession
- A downturn looks likely. If it happens it will be mild but messy: leader, page 10, and analysis, page 59.
Genetics, germs and saving reefs
- To save some ecosystems, humans must intervene more, not less: leader, page 11.
- Corals are threatened by global warming. How pre-emptive tinkering by people might be able to save them, page 66.
China’s overrated spies
- The yare good athacking and harassing dissidents. But in other areas China’s spooks have a lot to learn, page 46.
Don’t take your whole self to work
- It is a bad idea: Bartleby, page 57.
скачать журнал: The Economist - 4 июня 2022